Seafood is quick to prepare.. healthy and yummy… tastes good steamed, fried, tossed, in salads or even in soup… !! I do know a few people who are allergic to prawns or other seafood.. feel really bad for them.. because they are missing out on something awesome..!
Prawns are the best 🙂 but if you do not de-vein them.. then god save your digestive system…
Our wedding anniversary was a couple of days back..I made this as a starter, while celebrating with a quiet dinner at home along with a drink … :). We were too full from lunch so skipped main-course.. 🙂
But K did not want to skip the dessert – Lime n Lemon Cheesecake Pots.
Ingredients: (Serves 2) Preparation time – 15 mins
Raw Prawns – 250 gms medium-sized, cleaned and de-veined
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped finely
Butter – half a tbsp
Parsley – 1-2 sprigs, finely chopped
Black peppercorns – 5-6 crushed
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
About an hour or half an hour previous to preparing the dish marinate the prawns with salt to taste, crushed black peppercorns and lemon juice. Alternatively you can add the lemon juice in the end instead in the marination if you wish to.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan set to medium heat. Saute the chopped garlic for a few seconds. Add the marinated prawns and let them cook till they turn pinkish and any water released by the prawns should evaporate. Turn off the heat. Add the butter and mix well.
Add the chopped parsley and mix well. You can use coriander as an alternative to Parsley. Will taste good as well.
Serve pierced in cocktail sticks. I’m sure before it goes on the cocktail sticks few will go into your tummy.. 😉 that’s what happened with me.. 😀
- Weekend Chef: Stir-fried Prawns, Sambal Fish, and our ever-popular Garlic Bread (agnesmaurice.wordpress.com)
- Pan fried prawns (annaandshiv.com)
- Linguine with Prawns, Fresh Tomatoes and Spinach (giangiskitchen.com)
- Chilli & coriander prawns with butter beans and quinoa (foodiefitnessfun.wordpress.com)
- Prawn Linguini with tomato and chilli (nottinghambites.wordpress.com)
- Recipe – Coconut & Lemongrass Prawns (kwiksparonkloof.wordpress.com)
- Creole prawns (andrewscookery.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Prawn Taster (fusionalcooking.wordpress.com)
- Italian Spaghetti With Prawns (mykitchette.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Seafood Tagliatelle (curlycuisine.wordpress.com)